30th June 2023
5 things to do if you own a holiday home in Cornwall
1. Explore the fishing town of LooeMuch like Cornwall itself, Looe is a beautiful town that offers visitors a mix of incredible natural beauty and pristine sandy beaches. Foodies can enjoy sampling the local seafood, which is delivered daily to the town’s working fishing port, whilst day-tripping families will love relaxing on the beach and rock pooling with their little ones. Finally, the Looe Island nature reserve’s seal colony and Oystercatchers make it a must visit for wildlife lovers.
2. Discover the Lost Gardens of HeliganRediscovered and restored in the 1990s after decades of neglect, the Lost Gardens of Heligan are a magical day out for all the family. Lose yourself in the jungle garden, marvel at its vast variety of plant and animal species and enjoy fresh produce, grown on-site, in its delightful cafe. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to spot the two beavers who have made the gardens their home this year!
3. Visit Lansallos BeachIf you like to wind down away from the crowds, then Lansallos might just be the perfect beach for you. Follow the winding footpath down to this secluded cove, located just a couple of miles from Polperro, and you’ll find a miniature paradise of turquoise water, soft sand and rocky outcrops. A secluded waterfall completes this well-hidden day trip destination.
4. Take a trip to The Eden ProjectHome to the world’s largest indoor rainforest, the Eden Project’s 20 acres of gardens, all housed within an iconic bubble covering, are a must-see destination in Cornwall. With a host of educational events available to visitors and live music gigs from world-famous musicians happening throughout the summer, a trip here is guaranteed to be educational, entertaining and awe-inspiring for anyone who visits.
5. Lanhydrock House and GardenThis late Victorian manor house offers its visitors a fascinating portal into the past, full of intriguing artefacts, pristine gardens and some of the best-preserved ancient woodland in the UK. Easily accessible cycle paths, a quaint cafe and enthusiastic National Trust guides make this a great day out for budding historians of all ages.
Browse holiday homes for sale in CornwallWhether you’re a keen foodie, long walk lover or someone who prefers to spend their holidays kicking back and relaxing on the beach with an ice cream, Cornwall has plenty to entertain everyone. Browse our incredible range of holiday homes for sale in Cornwall or explore Tregoad Holiday Park located in the stunning Cornish countryside.
Request a brochure
Have a copy of our brand new ownership brochure delivered to your door, the perfect introduction to the Waterside Group’s four 5* parks.Request a Brochure
Book your experience day
Book your experience day to get a real taste of our parks before you make any final decisions on your new holiday home.Book an experience day